Spring is the perfect time to get outside and tackle those outdoor cleaning tasks that have been on the back burner all winter. Here are a few tips to keep in mind to make sure you get the most out of your outdoor spring cleaning:
- Assess the Damage: Before you begin your outdoor spring cleaning, it’s important to assess the damage from the winter. Look for areas of wear and tear and take note of any repairs that might need to be made. OR just pretend everything is fine and hope for the best.
- Tackle Debris: Get outside and start gathering all the debris the winter has left behind. Grab the leaves and twigs, anything that has wound up on the lawn, and all the items that have been left by the rain. Make a Game Out of Collecting All the Random Junk the Winter Left Behind
- Prune and Trim: Take this time to prune and trim any trees or shrubs that need attention. Make sure to trim back anything that is dead or overgrown, and remove any dead branches or leaves. Channel Your Inner Edward Scissorhands and Let Loose on Those Trees
- Clean Outdoor Furniture: Once you have cleared the debris, give your outdoor furniture a good cleaning. Remove any dirt or mildew, and use a mild soap and water to clean off any stubborn stains. Because We All Know the Best Way to Clean Outdoor Furniture is to Pretend it Doesn’t Exist
- Wash Down Outdoor Surfaces: Give your outdoor surfaces a good washing. Scrub down your wood deck to remove any dirt and debris. Wash down the siding of your home with a hose and a mild detergent. Nothing Screams ‘Spring Cleaning’ Like a Good Old Fashioned Power Wash
- Repair Any Damage: Once you have cleaned up the debris and given everything a good washing, take a closer look for any damage that needs to be repaired. Take care of any broken fences, broken tiles, or any other repairs that need to be made. Or Find a Creative Way to Incorporate the Damage into Your Outdoor Aesthetic
- Re-Caulk and Seal: Re-caulk and seal any outdoor surfaces that have seen better days. This will help keep out moisture and add an extra layer of protection against wear and tear. Nothing Says ‘I’m an Adult’ Like Re-Caulking Your Outdoor Surfaces
- Maintenance your HVAC: You don’t want to get caught in the NC heat with an AC that doesn’t work. Call Us Today to get on our HVAC maintenance schedule. Because Let’s Be Real, Who Wants to Sweat Through the NC Summer?
With a little bit of effort, you can make sure your outdoor spaces are prepared for the spring and summer months. Follow these tips, and you’ll be able to enjoy the outdoor spaces for many months to come.
Is it too much to ask to book your appointment online or give us a call? https://www.rotundahvac.com/contact-us/ or 704-740-5520